By using our website and/or social media platforms, you confirm that you are an Australian resident and of eighteen years of age (or more).
Your provision of personal information
All provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain personal information and/or you decline cookies on your computer, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of our website.
Collection of information
Information you provide: we may collect personal information from you, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, occupation, company, title, position and interests when you use our website, our social media platforms or otherwise make inquiries or do business with us.
Cookies: we may also collect cookies from your computer, which enables us to tell how and when you use the website. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, pages within the website which you visit and referring website addresses. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies on your computer. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, your experience of our website and any interactive features of the website may be restricted and/or not possible.
Purposes of collection
The purposes for which we collect personal information about you include:
- reviewing, updating, improving and, in general, providing our website, social media platforms, electronic newsletters and any other products or services we may offer over the course of time;
- providing you with information about our website, social media platforms, electronic newsletters and any other products or services we may offer over the course of time and about other businesses’ products and services which we think may be of interest to you;
- to contact you (whether via email, phone or post) to seek your feedback on your experience using the SNOWSEARCH website and/or social media platforms;
- responding to your queries and/or complaints;
- to help us develop our products, services, website and business (generally); and
- legal and regulatory compliance.
We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties. We will only disclose your personal information to other persons/businesses/government agencies in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented to us doing so; or
- for purposes connected with the provision of our website, social media platforms, electronic newsletters and any other products or services we may offer over the course of time – for example, where it is reasonably required by our trusted external suppliers:
- to provide technology solutions such as web hosting provider or data storage,
- to help us market our business,
- to help us perform statistical analysis,
- to help us develop and operate our website and/or any products or other services we may offer, and
- to help us contact you or provide customer support; and/or
- Where we are required to do so by law or pursuant to a legal process, to protect and defend our rights or property or where we reasonably consider it necessary for personal safety reasons (whether in regards to you, another website user or a member of public).
Our security measures. We take reasonable steps within industry standard to ensure information which you provide and which we store is protected from unauthorized use, loss or disclosure. These steps include a range of physical and electronic security measures, such as limiting access to our computers and databases.
Limitations on internet security. However, you acknowledge that the security, confidentiality and integrity of information transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed and we offer no warranties as to its security.
Transfer out of Australia
Sometimes our web hosting or data storage service (or other third party service we use) may transfer data outside of Australia. You consent to the transfer and/or storage of your personal information outside of Australia where this is done in the normal course of the services provided by our third party supplier. While we only use third party suppliers who we believe are reputable, we in no way vouch for the adequacy of their security procedures or their data treatment practices. To the extent legally permissible, you release us from all liability related to the treatment or use of that data by our third party service providers.
Public message boards, directory listings, social media platforms etc
Links to/from other websites
We are in no way responsible for the privacy statements or manner of data collection or use of external websites which are linked from or to our website. Where you follow a link to an external website you do so at your own risk.
E-newsletters and other electronic promotions
By providing your email address you automatically become an email subscriber and consent to us sending you our electronic newsletter and other emails related to the marketing and administration of our website, businesses listed on our website and any products or services we may offer over the course of time. All promotional emails will include the option to unsubscribe from receiving further emails or you can unsubscribe from such emails by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updating your information
If you have any questions about the information we hold about you or if you would like to update or correct any information we hold about you, can contact us at email@example.com or, for any urgent matters, by calling (+61) 07 5535 1931.
- “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Optimal Solutions and Services Pty Ltd ACN 600 312 703 t/as SNOWSEARCH;
- “you” and “your” refer to (i) you as a website user personally and (ii) if you are accessing the website within the scope of your employment and/or on behalf of a company, that employer and/or company (as appropriate); and
- “website” means www.snowsearch.com.au and all content residing in that domain, including the website functionality, the website blog, any messaging service(s), the layout, design and underlying code and systems (unless the context requires otherwise).
Version 1.0; updated as at [20.01.2016]